School of Theatre
Students will develop competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrate understanding of the social and artistic movements that have shaped theatre as we know it today.
- Apply discipline-specific skills to the creation of performance.
- Analyze, and interpret texts and performances both in writing and orally.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theatre history and literature and draw connections between theatrical practices and social contexts in both modern and pre modern periods.
- Practice collaborative skills in various theatrical contexts.
- Develop and apply process skills in rehearsal, production and classroom settings.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills in the creation of artistic work.
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more area-specific skills: acting, directing, choreography, design, technical theatre, management, playwriting, or dramaturgy.
Budgeting Problem-solving Creative Vision Leadership
BusinessSense/Negotiation Effective communication
Collaboration/team-work Decision-making Presentation