Competencies for Cinematic Arts
Students will develop competencies in the following areas:
- Technical and aesthetic tools of the major disciplines of cinematic arts: directing, producing, editing, cinematography, production design, writing, and sound
- Broad knowledge and appreciation of the history of film, television and new media
- Layout and cinematography for physical and virtual sets including the development and creation of character design and concept art.
- Fundamental knowledge of visual effects process including basic compositing, green screen with live action integration, motion capture, digital effects animation, digital lighting and rendering.
- Critique, write, design, develop and execute innovative research projects around film, television and new media aspects
- Core production knowledge of animation techniques and design with experience of the traditional practice and digital literacy in 2D and 3D computer animation.
- Short story development, storyboarding, script development, life drawing, gesture movement and kinetic performance for 2D and 3D animation with live action integration
- Fundamental lighting, location sound, camera types and concepts, location lighting, editing for narrative and storytelling, and writing for drama and factual storytelling.
Budgeting Problem-solving Creative Vision
Leadership Business Sense/Negotiation Effective communication
Collaboration/team-work Decision-making Presentation