School of Dance
Students will develop competencies in the following areas:
Students will demonstrate technical proficiency and artistic expression in ballet and/or modern dance by performing selected choreography of classic and contemporary works on stage. They will:
- demonstrate the technical proficiency and artistic expressiveness to effectively discern and interpret the choreography’s stylistic demands.
- understand the audition and selection processes.
- understand the roles of warm-up class, “spacing,” lighting, and dress rehearsals.
- know what they personally need to prepare for performance.
- apply makeup properly.
- demonstrate an understanding of dance technique, classroom etiquette, dress, and process.
- be familiar with both classical ballet and two or more modern techniques and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with physical clarity.
- understand the use of space, line, placement, and musicality.
- knowledge of movement structure and of musicality in relation to music.
- inventiveness and creativity in movement material.
- integrity of artistic choices in composition.
Budgeting Problem-solving Creative Vision Leadership
Business Sense/Negotiation Effective communication Collaboration/team-work